
I came across this verse in my quiet time the other day. I was really convicted about it.
"May...our daughters (be) like corner pillars cut for the structure of a palace." Psalm 144:12b
I have often heard what this verse means, but more often do I fail to live it out. A corner pillar has both a supportive and a decorative role for a building. Remember the magnificent Greek and Roman ruins that we are all so familiar wit. If just on of those columns were to be removed, the palace would fail. This illustrates the importance of a daughter in her home. She has the critical job of coming alongside her family to keep the household running smoothly. Do I always support my family the way God wants me to?
Going back to Ancient Greece and Rome, imagine if those stunning pillars were just concrete slabs, covered with dirt and cobwebs and dust. What kind of impression would you be left with after viewing that structure? Not a very nice one, I am sure. Similarly, a daughter's role in her home is to beautify the home with her gifts and person. Do I always grace my home with a sweet countenance? No. But- I love that word, B-U-T, it means that is not the end; there is hope- but, "God is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us of all unrighteousness." He will not begin a work and leave it undone.....I am sure of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment