(The Luncheon, Claude Monet)
This morning I am making my way to a fanciful picnic tea on a fantastical river. Won't you, dear kindred spirits, join me as imaginary guests?

(Morning on the Seine, Claude Monet)
Well, the actual river isn't fantastical, for its the Seine; however, enjoying luncheon beside it is quite the lovely fantasy.

(Sunshine and Shadow, Frank Benson)
You say you're too busy? Impossible! Bring along your handwork -- conversation abounds at this little social, so you shan't be bored.

(Summertime, Mary Cassatt)
We can eat and drink as we please, spending the rest of our delightful day on the river.

(Boating on the Seine, Pierre-August Renoir)
Perhaps we'll even try our hands at paddling the boats.

(A Corner of the Garden at Montgeron, Claude Monet)
On shore, of course, all the flowers are bursting brilliantly with color and texture. (But, remember, the weather is delightfully cool, for this is our fantasy that is not subject to the laws of natural seasons!)

(Woman with Parasol, Pierre-Auguste Renoir)
If you aren't among the riverfolk, I'm sure you'll enjoy the tantalizing scents and myriad blooms or perhaps the indescribable view.

(Two Women Asleep in a Punt, John Singer Sargent)
I, for one, might indulge my temptation brought on by the quiet lull of the water to slip in a moment with closed eyes and daydreams -- after all, this day of delights is to make a commonplace, tiring day just a bit more bearable!
12 comments:
Can't you tell I'm in a hopelessly Impressionist mood? All day I've had Impressionist music and idealist thoughts fluttering through me brain! Ah, the joys of imagination!
I do hope there's room in your fanciful picnic tea for me! :-) Goodness, after all of that gorgeous Impressionistic art, I think I'll have to listen to some Debussy today! *So* lovely. Frank Benson and John Singer Sargent are two of my favorites -- have you seen Sargent's "Daughters of Edward D. Boit?" It's quite beautiful, but I find it almost haunting.
Forgive my ramblings, but your picnic tea has refreshed my mind! :-)
Blessings,
Shannon
ill be there luv u miz keicher
I'd just love to join you, some time...
Bee
Shannon: Even as I typed, Debussy and Chopin (not Impressionist, I know, but he's close :-) ) were serenading me! I'll have to look up that Sargent piece. It certainly sounds delightful!
Mrs. Keicher: Aw! I love you too, and I miss ya'll! We really need to get together sometime!
Bee: Do come! :-)
May I come too? Please? I adore Impressionist paintings! And a picnic on the Seine? Lovely!
There's one Impressionist you missed though - Berthe Morisot! Look up her paiting called A Summer's Day (I think), it fits perfectly with your picnic!
You know, Alexandra, I'd never heard the name until you mentioned her! I will definitely look her up! Hope all is well with ya'll!
I AM ALL OVER THIS. I am certainly napping in the boat! ;)
Love and miss you JE!
Sooooo beautiful. <3
Would you allow a clumsy, old grandmother on this outing???? If so count me in.........Sounds lovely!
Love, Mammy
XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Count me in! A peaceful imaginative picnic is a wonderful idea!
Post a Comment