Monday, July 23, 2012

Happiness

From my notes today:

I heard a song today called "Happily Ever After." It felt so right for what I've been mulling over recently. As my future looms ahead, my future as a student away from home, as an adult, as a woman, I keep wondering what my life will look like in the next five years. So much promises to change. What will my story be?

I ask with the singer, "Will I be happy?"

But what has consumed my thoughts so much recently is the "what if" that hovers in the corner of the room -- what if I'm not? What if my little jar of hopes and dreams shatters before me and none of my dreams come true? I'll never be happy, right?

Wrong. My happiness is up to me. Why would I limit myself to happiness only if this? Only if I get this and that?

I will be happy, because happiness is a choice, one that I alone can make.


2 comments:

emme said...

Somehow, I haven't checked my blog in ages & ages. My heart just isn't into it anymore. But tonight...for some reason...I logged in & found a months, and months old comment from YOU that warmed my heart & brought a smile to my face.

You are such a sweetheart & a blessing. I only wish we could stay in contact more!

Unknown said...

It hasn't been five years yet, but a lot has changed already.

Yet, your words remain constant in their truth, and on this post's third anniversary, it's worth reminding ourselves of it. Because the words are timely, and I am grateful your younger self wrote them down for me to stumble upon three years later. Would your younger self have ever imagined it?

Praising the Lord for His sovereignty over us and love for us. Our cups do truly overflow.

Sincerely yours,
Pepe