Friday, December 12, 2008

Exerpt from My Reading

"I am convinced that every child should have an English bachelor uncle. Married uncles (American or British) are usually someone else's father and tend to have a reasonable, responsible, well-adjusted way of looking at life. But a bachelor uncle is like Mr. Wiggs in the Mary Poppins book (remember the laughing scene?), and Captain Flint in Swallows and Amazons, and Great Uncle Matthew in Ballet Shoes... Such uncles are not to be confused with contemporary playmates, but neither are they like parents. They are a breed apart." - How the Heather Looks

2 comments:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Nice read. I would agree. Ryan's 2 brothers are so different than any uncle I had. And now that one of his brothers is married he is not so much like the Bachelor uncle, but more like Ryan, the Dad!!!
:)

emme said...

I love this...

~Emily