my brother, bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh,
married to me, dead for me, risen for me;
He is mine and I am his,
given to me as well as for me;
I am never so much mine as when I am his,
or so much lost to myself until lost in him...
Make me fruitful by living to that love,
my character becoming more beautiful everyday
If traces of Christ's love-artistry be upon me,
may he work on with his divine brush
until the complete image be obtained
and I be made a perfect copy of him,
my Master."
-The Love of Jesus, Valley of Vision
2 comments:
I love Valley of Vision! Such beautiful, heart-felt prayers. It always encourages me to put my whole heart and soul into prayer. Praise Christ for His marvelous love to a wretch like me!
wouldn't it be absolutely wonderful to be able to say that my heart melts at the thought of Jesus and His sacrifice?
Post a Comment