
The Artist's Garden at Argenteuil, Claude Monet"Isn't this Daisy beautiful, Johnny?""I suppose it is if you say so," replied Johnny Chuck carelessly. "It would look a lot more beautiful to me if it were good eating. Even Farmer Brown's cows don't like it and won't eat it. If things are not good to eat what are they good for?""To look at," Peter replied promptly. "I guess the Great World needs beautiful things to look at just as much as it does things to eat."
Yes, this came from a children's botany book, but that gives us no right to neglect the simple truth found within it. Do you agree with Peter? I do.
2 comments:
Simply gorgeous painting. In my homeschool I have studied various artist and I definitely like this scene. If you're wondering how I came across your blog, it was through a link on Emily Anne's profile. If you have a quick minute, feel free to stop by my blogs. Footprints in the Sand is my main blog.
~Elizabeth J.
Jane Ellen, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I have visited Jasmine Baucham's blog and she does have some great post, I'll have to stop by there again soon.=)
Post a Comment