Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Created Creatures

"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers -- including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C. S. Lewis

So, so true! I love the analogy Lewis provides to make this idea tangible to human beings. Isn't it so sad, though, that so many are revolting against the Creator? I am reminded of the documentary, Expelled. An eyeopening movie, Expelled brought me to an awareness of how many people truly are doing all they can to rebel against the Lord. But, as a very wise man I know said, we must speak the truth to people like that in love. If we think scaring them into an awareness of the Lord is going to help (or the reverse, simple toleration), then we are greatly mistaken. Instead let us live the Gospel out for them and minister to them with grace and truth.

1 comment:

emme said...

I've given you an award. Participate if you'd like to!

~Emily