Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Lord, Our God

As the rain issues its customary pattering on our library's skylight, I sit here at the computer finishing a few final tasks and enjoying my last little holiday before school begins again. A song serenely floats from the speakers of the computer to my ears, and its words prick my interest. The Lord our God is with us; the Lord our God reigns. Two simple little phrases with such glorious truth ringing in them.

The God of creation and Writer of history reigns over this world with might, power, majesty, and holiness. And yet, he chooses to be right beside each one of us, mere creatures of His imagination. He desires relationship with His servants.

Is there anything more humbling or praiseworthy?

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Thank you for your comment...it made me feel very confidant in my post. Unlike other "conclusions" I felt the need to stress on our sinfulness instead of the movie's.

I plan on coming back to your blog again. :)

Mel said...

This was so encouraging Jane Ellen! Thank you!

Miss you! Hugs!

The Lord does indeed reign.