~ staying up late with Mama and Daddy (even if it was biology homework...)
~ leaving the doors open and hearing all those lovely "night noises"
~ slipping on fuzzy socks for bed (Did you notice that I *love* fuzzy socks?)
~ waking up because I was cold in bed
~ wandering about early in the morning with a beloved friend
~ greetings from others with amiable cheerfulness
~ munching a pear (One day I hope to own this.)
~ opening the windows and doors of the house
~ identifying an elusive flower
~ watching leaves fall off a tree (Yes! I have found a tree that sheds leaves in FL!)
I also stumbled across this poem:
Out in the Fields with GodThe little cares that fretted me,I lost them yesterday,Among the fields above the sea,Among the winds at play,Among the lowing of the herds,The rustling of the trees,Among the singing of the birds,The humming of the bees.The foolish fears of what might pass,I cast them all away,Among he clover-scented grass,Among the new-mown hay,Among the hushing of the cornWhere drowsy poppies nod,Where ill thoughts die and good are born --Out in the fields with God.-Unknown
And, of course, I'm glorying in that oft spoken, yet simply glorious psalm:
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
~ Psalm 19:1 ~
I'm one blessed girl. :)
2 comments:
i absolutely ADORE that poem!
; - :
tis'mazing.
annnnd i love you, janey. <3
Very pretty poem. I also enjoy those "simple pleasures" of life that you have on that list. Rudy and I have loved opening our window; it is a part of fall that I look forward to. :)
Bee
Post a Comment