Sunday, May 8, 2011

Absent Daughter


It's Mother's Day.

Typically at this time every year, I am with my father and sisters finishing off the "secret" breakfast that we'll soon serve to Mama on a tray with her cards and flowers. This year, I am an ocean away, on another continent probably eating lunch on a bus driving me to Ille-de-Noirmoutier, France.

I miss you, Mama, even now as I sit at the computer desk here tucked away in the nursery. Actually, I miss you all.

I'll be home soon, with stories and pictures. (But no wedding ring... Sorry, Cecelia!)

I love you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you really in France???

Unknown said...

Yes, Alexandra. Jane Ellen is there. We talked to her this afternoon, and she's enjoying it already. She says it's picturesque. I can't wait to hear stories and see pictures. I'm sure she'll be eager to share.

Love,
Mrs. B

Jane Ellen said...

I miss you so much, dear sister. Can't wait till you get home... I have a big surprise for you! I think you're really going to like it!! :)

Now for my important reminders... have fun... don't "kiss and get married", as little Cecelia suggested, in France... and no Italian boyfriends either (unless they can cook, of course!)... buy me something... and once again, have fun ;)

LOVE YOU!
Katie :)

Anonymous said...

Wow I have always dreamed of going to Europe!I am green with envy.

Aunt Sis said...

Hope you are having a great time! Take lots of pictures! You will have so many wonderful memories from this trip. Be careful! Love you so much!
Aunt Sis xoxoxoxo

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I came to see when I finally put 2 & 2 together that you were in Europe on the SAME trip w/Hector. Are you in the show choir. I am so lost living in my 2 worlds! Can't wait to read & see more! Even more so I can't wait to SEE you! :)

Unknown said...

No, I am not in Show Choir. Three ensembles from the college went: Show Choir, Madrigals, and Belle Voci. I am in Belle Voci (the red-headed step child... or at least it feels that way). ;-)