There is no will in anything apart from enjoying thee and being engaged in thy service;
Thou art All in all, and all enjoyments are what to me thou makest them, and no more.
I am well pleased with thy will, whatever it is, or should be in all respects,
And if thou bidst me decide for myself in any affair, I would choose to refer all to the, for thou art infinitely wise and cannot do amiss, as I am in danger of doing.
I rejoice to think that all things are at thy disposal, and i delights me to leave them there.
Then prayer turns wholly into praise, and all I can do is to adore and bless thee..."
- God the All, Valley of Vision
I think this prayer should be a guide for us all. So often we want to be in control. We think we know what is best for our lives, but in fact, what is best for our lives is happening right now! "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good..." I was listening to a sermon by John Piper yesterday. He mentioned that unless a tree goes through winter seasons, it will not bear good fruit! How true this is. "Every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit."
Let us all be comforted knowing that God is sovereign and is working all thing for the good of those who love him and are called according to His purpose!
2 comments:
Great thoughts JE...er...Eruraina Caladhiel. Where'd you get that name anyway? It's really cool! Very elvish. Anyways this blog is a wonderful idea. Keep it coming.
It is so comforting, isn't it?
Raikala
Post a Comment