
"Come said the wind to
the leaves one day,
Come o're the meadows
and we will play.
Put on your dresses
scarlet and gold,
For summer is gone
and the days grow cold."
-A Children's Song of the 1880's
"No Spring nor Summer Beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one Autumnal face." -John Donne
This morning was absolutely wonderful! A lovely rain yesterday ushered in cool, dry weather (a climate that lasts only four months in hot and humid FL). I have to agree with Nathaniel Hawthorne on this. "I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air." Fall is my favorite season of them all! That being said, I sincerely hope you enjoy this beautiful season. I sure will!
4 comments:
Hooray! Fall is the greatest!
I second that on Fall. I love it too. I want to put on a sweater and drink a hot beverage and take the kids outside.
I so agree Mrs. Becky! Happy Fall!
Eruraina
i LOVE the Fall!!!
it makes me feel all warm & cozy inside.
Narnian Princess
(Kitty)
Post a Comment