Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Chinese Sister


As many of you know, our family recently completed the adoption of our dearest Emmy Xiang. Now China holds a dear place in my heart. Lately, I have had a strong yearning to go back to that beautiful country and remember the sweet memories we made there. But plane tickets cost a lot of money (which we don't have) so I have contented myself with going back to our family's old blog posts of us in China. Also, I have been looking on others' blogs see pictures of familiar sights. I was so excited when I found this touching poem on another's blog. I thought I'd go ahead and post it. Maybe it will touch another.

"This morning in China a mother cries.
She'll never forget her daughter's eyes;
Her heart is broken and filled with pain,
The tears run down like the falling rain.
She has no choice but to leave her there,
The cost of keeping is too much to bear.
She hopes her daughter will one day know
True love can be found in letting her go.

This morning in China a baby cries,
Hungry and scared as tears fill her eyes.
Her mother has left her in this public place
Another lost daughter of the Chinese race.
Someone passing by has heard her soft moan
She's soon quickly taken to an orphanage.
It's here she'll reside in the care of another
Until she's adopted by a brand new mother.

That very same moment, in the U.S.A.
A woman cries as she starts to pray.
Her heart is heavy but filled with much love,
She prays for a daughter she thinks the world of.
'Dear Jesus I ask that your arms would be
Wrapped tightly around the one picked for me.
Guard her in China 'til I make my way
And then in my arms forever she'll stay."

-Author Unknown

8 comments:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

WOW!
What a Wonderful post!
Maybe one day God will grant you the blessing of returning when EX is a little older to enjoy it herself!
Thanks for sharing.
Isn't God so kind to bless y'all (and us) with EX!!! She is a sweetie! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - that poem - well it is absolutely beautiful!!!!! It's hard to type with all these tears in my eyes.... thank you for sharing it with us. Love, Mammy XXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ReBenMyers said...

Ok, thanks for giving me yet another reason to cry. I am pregnant it does not take much, but that poem was beautiful. I hope you all get back there as a family someday. I love you guys and of course our "Emmy-Jon" as Olin says.

Unknown said...

Isn't it heart wrenching? I felt the same way!

Rejoicing in His goodness,
Jane Ellen

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness Jane Ellen!!! I love this poem even though it made me cry. I can't even express my thoughts right now. You know how much this subject is close to my heart!

Sarah said...

p.s. I hope you don't mind if I steal it and put it on my blog! :)

Unknown said...

No problem, Sarah! You know that I feel the same way about adoption and China! Looking forward to seeing where the two of us are in ten, twenty years!

Love, Jane Ellen

Sarah said...

Oh, I know!! I'm really looking forward to see what God does in this area in both our lives!