"We all know what it is to feel hurt and angry, to feel that we are misunderstood and that no one loves us. At such times it may be we want to hurt ourselves so that in some mysterious way we may hurt those who do not love us. We long to die so that they may be sorry. But these feelings do not come often and they soon pass. We cry ourselves to sleep perhaps and wake up to find the evil thoughts are gone. We forget about them, or if we remember them we remember to smile at our own foolishness, for we know that after all we are understood, we are loved. And when we grow old enough to look back upon thse times, although we may remember the pain of them, we can see that sometimes they came from our own fault, it was not that we were misunderstood so much as that we were misunderstanding."
-H. E. Marshall
How strange we are. Our feelings are so subjective, it disgusts me. We are deceived into thinking that what we feel is right. Ugh! It makes me sick. That is something that bothers me so much about the world. They tell us to "follow you dreams", "do what your heart tells you" and "what feels right, is right". Oh, how misguided they are. I don't mean to say that feelings or desires are a bad thing, but if we are to be guided by them, they MUST line up with the truth, the Word of God.
Thanks for putting up with my ramblings.
How strange we are. Our feelings are so subjective, it disgusts me. We are deceived into thinking that what we feel is right. Ugh! It makes me sick. That is something that bothers me so much about the world. They tell us to "follow you dreams", "do what your heart tells you" and "what feels right, is right". Oh, how misguided they are. I don't mean to say that feelings or desires are a bad thing, but if we are to be guided by them, they MUST line up with the truth, the Word of God.
Thanks for putting up with my ramblings.
3 comments:
I completly agree. We feel intitlement to the lies we tell ourselves. That we are victims or that we are what truly matters in the world. So not true. God is all that matters, His voice being heard in our lives. His purpose being lived out in our daily happenings. I am there too. Frustrated that my own sin gets in the way of God's greatness.
I am with y'all TOO!
Pray that I will not rest in my "entitlement"!!! :)
I love y'all and am so glad I have so many ladies in my life to speak truth to me!
Thanks JE...I will listen to your ramblings ANY day! :)
Too, true!
~Emily
Post a Comment