"Do you really mean to lead them in paths of unrighteousness? Come along, son. Go and lead your brother and those girls in paths of righteousness!"
This was a conversation I overheard today between a woman and her 6-7 year old son at my Biology class. I'm not really sure what this boy was doing, but he was the instigator of something wrong -- that much was obvious. What really spoke to me was the way this mother handled it all. I was so impressed at the way she stressed leadership to her son, even though he was only 7! That is so rare in this world! Too many men aren't being and haven't been taught to lead others in the paths of righteousness and this is having such a detrimental effect on our society. I thank God that some families are training their sons to be manly men who will lead their friends, wives and children in the paths of righteousness! I pray that, if the Lord blesses me with sons, I shall teach them to lead, just as this woman did.
Thanks, Mrs. Jaune for making me think! Thank you for bringing your son up to honor God and to obey His commands!
3 comments:
That makes me think of a verse in 1 Timothy. "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
WOW...thanks JE. I needed to hear this as I have a 7 year old son who doesn't always lead in righteousness!!! :)
See...you and your wisdom for this mom! I love you :)
so true.
we are blessed to be brought up around all these christian mothers & to be able to learn from them through observation, how to train up a child in the way he should go... (Proverbs 22:6)
Post a Comment