Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Rambling on Dreams
Aren't dreams strange things? I have them quite often. I am the only person in my family that has vivid dreams every night, remembers most of them and pays attention to them. I have a hard time just laughing dreams off; I often think about them. Most of them have really strange, whacked-out (to use a phrase of my mother's) aspects to them, but none of them are ever about nothing...if that makes any sense. I'm always left with something to think about. Many times, when there are very 'real' aspects to them, I wonder if something like that will ever happen. That is really weird! Another strange thing is, that the weirdest people show up in my dreams. Not just weird people from my imagined worlds, but people from real life who I don't know all that well, but who are thrown in there anyways. It's just really very strange and I don't fully understand them all. As you can imagine, I had a dream last night, and I am still chewing on that one. It is the inspiration for this rambling, unimportant post. So, there. I've listed most of what is going on in my mind and now I am semi-happy knowing that someone might read this strange post and relate with my very strange self! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You often have whacked-out dreams, but no matter how crazy, weird or strange they are, YOU are still so very dear to us. We wouldn't have you any other way! We're all weird in our own way....I prefer to think of us all as uniquely made.
You're a dreamer...that's okay. So was Joseph!
Who was a famous "brusher" like me? Hmmm?
I dream very vividly, color and detail. I have often woke up "crying", anger or surprisingly happy. I was once told that dreams are just our subconsious minds at work when we are not. I was also told to not overevaluate dreams as they can just reflect what is going on in our every day lives. But when I awake ANGRY I evaluate those. What is the underlying theme? Why would that make me angry? I woke this morning in this way. It was FEAR. Fear that my husband would not care for me. It was just a dream....but do I trust GOD more than RYAN! Now THAT is food for thought! :)
I love you Jane Ellen!
i have very vivid dreams too...and they're mostly about things that could happen in real life!!
Post a Comment