Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Suggestion:

Read this post. It only takes a few minutes, but afterwards you (I hope) will be as stirred as I am.

I have found myself sick of some of our "modern inconveniences," as I like to call them. The weather here has been beautiful each morning -- true fall weather. Every morning, I wake up and take my quiet time outside. Often, I'll nature journal (when I could be beginning my lessons) just because the out of doors is so inviting. But, each morning, I am disturbed by the cars rushing down the street that isn't very far from our back fence .(Of course, clearing the rather large plot of land that used to buffer noise coming from the highway wasn't the brightest idea, but I'm sure the contractors weren't worried about our peace or privacy.)

All in all, what I mean to say, is that this post was quite encouraging. I hope someone else wants to move with me to the middle of nowhere and just live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been doing nature journal in the mornings as well,and whenever I start writing down what I hear,it always is, cicadas and cars,cicadas and cars... you get the point.I wish I could write,Birds chirping, and bees buzzing,and all the wonderful things wakening in the morning.(I wish) ):
love your post!
MJ