Don't you love it when God hits you in the forehead? When he says, "Quit being selfish. Quit throwing pity parties. I suffered more than you ever will," I am just filled with amazement. Why God? Why would you choose me to be your child? How do you find me worth helping? If I were you, I would have given up on changing Jane Ellen by now. Why are you so persistent?
I'm sure I've lost most of you by now. Let me explain what I'm talking about. I am really struggling with some acquaintances of mine that I interact with multiple times a week. These girls are lost -- very lost. Recently, though, I gave up hope for them. I didn't treat them with the compassion I originally did; I gave them no grace. Tonight they almost completely pushed my patience. I came home angry and brooding. Slowly God began to convict me of my behavior and reminded me that this was just another way to bear the persecution believers are destined to receive. Finally, I resigned myself to the fact that these girls' attitude toward me wasn't going to change and that I was just going to have to deal with it.
My heart remained in the same place, though. I didn't address my behavior, just theirs. But, God, being rich in mercy and steadfast love, had the song Mighty to Save come on my playlist. Talk about convicting. Who am I to give up on God? Who am I to limit His saving power? He truly is mighty to save! Why don't I treat others like He is?
God, thank you for convicting us of sin. Thank you for molding us into Christ-like sons and daughters. Even though it hurts and can be painful, thank you for discipline. Thank you for not leaving us to our filthy, sinful lives. Father, I am overwhelmed with your kindness! Your grace is amazing, Lord. Never let me underestimate it!
1 comment:
He truly is amazing, and He never lets us go!
Bee
Post a Comment