Shared joy is doubled joy, and shared sorrow is half sorrow.
This little proverb holds so much truth within it! It's amazing how many times I have announced some great and exciting piece of news to another and felt the joy that I had already been feeling rise in intensity. The second part of this saying is right, too. When we confide our agonies and heartaches, their hurt seems to lessen knowing that someone else cares too.
Let us all continue to not only "bear one another's burdens" (Gal. 6:2) but "cast our cares upon Jesus" (1 Peter 5:7). Glory be to God that He truly does care for us!

3 comments:
Wonderful and wise truths Jane Ellen. I am envisioned and encouraged by it. I love you. Mrs. White
I second Mrs. White's comment. I find it very true and wonderfully giving of our maker to give us people to do exactly that.
Isn't it wonderful that Jesus cares, He is our true friend always there and He is the provider of every other true friend we experience.
Bee
Post a Comment