"Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their experience?"
-Alexander Hamilton
Ah, yes! Far too often I am guilty of romanticising the past; I fall into that trap of nostalgia. I love to remember the days gone by and dream of times before my existence. However, I so easily forget the hardships and realities of those days and focus on the glorious beauties. God, help me to remember that this world is evil and that no matter what time I live in, sin will always dwell there. Lord Jesus, thank you for bearing the punishment of this twisted world, that I might look forward (instead of backward) to a time of peace, beauty and righteousness!
No comments:
Post a Comment