Thursday, February 25, 2010

Memories

Have you ever remembered something you were sure you had forgotten? It's like the key to a long-locked room in your mind unexpectedly turns up. You rush down the halls and up staircases to that room filled with trunks and boxes of memories. As scents of age assault your nostrils, you sift through each one until that memory rises through the fog of dust. A contented smile plays upon your lips as you play over and over again in your head that sweet morsel of the past.

This happened to me this evening while I was drying dinner dishes. Katie and I twirled around the kitchen while croaking out silly songs from silly movies. All the memories of watching those movies with friends (and playing dress up afterwards, of course) flooded over me.

*Sigh* I'm so overly sentimental.

By the way, does anyone else see their minds as a cottage with different rooms? There's the porch, the kitchen, the attic, the music room, the gallery, the living room...on and on and on.

2 comments:

emme said...

I'm overly sentimental, too...

:)

~Emily

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I am CERTAINLY over sentimental too! :)
This made me smile. I think I have always viewed my mind as a file cabinet! Full of categories!