Sunday, March 28, 2010

Trust

"Lord, help me to remember that You are in control of every circumstance, no matter how large or small. Sometimes I am tempted to think that You have forgotten me. But to continue to believe that, I would have to believe a lie, because Your Word says that You will never leave me nor forsake me. Reveal the hidden areas of my heart where I have not trusted You or my parents. Replace my rebellious heart with one that is obedient, tender, and teachable. Amen."
-Stacey McDonald, Raising Maidens of Virtue

While perusing one of my favorite books ever, I came across the prayer that begins this specific chapter. I love the way my sovereign God works things out. The whole chapter focused on the importance of daughters trusting in their earthly fathers thereby glorifying and obeying their Heavenly Father. It completely convicted me of my lack of complete trust in the Heavenly Father with all areas of my life. Sometimes I'm just positive that I know what is better for me than God does. . . right. . . . Sound familiar, Rudy?

I'm reminded of a oft heard refrain:

Trust and obey, for there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

No comments: