Monday, March 29, 2010

A Warning

Just posted this on a Literary Analysis blog I am a part of for school. We recently read, studied, and analyzed George Orwell's Animal Farm. Thought I'd copy it here as well:

I came across this quote this morning. I think it is appropriate considering our discussion on Thursday!

"We need more socialist economic reforms. Only under such conditions can we free the family from the functions and cares that now oppress and disintegrate it. Washing must be done by a public laundry, catering by a public restaurant, sewing by a public workshop. Children must be educated by good public teachers who have a real vocation for the work." -Leon Trotsky

Do you see what he's saying? If the socialists can undermine the God-given role of the family, they have a better opportunity of surviving. If they can confuse the members of the family (especially the mothers, I think) that they are being "oppressed" at home, they can thrive on formerly infertile ground. If they can push everyone into the workforce (Obama encouraging women head back to school and careers?), they can control what goes on within each family and decide what to teach, and what not to teach, the next generation (Think Napoleon and the puppies. And the public school system?) What will become of Christianity if they succeed? How will we defend the family against their ravishes?

1 comment:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Amazing JE! Sad times we live in. So glad we can TRUST God, no matter what. I am so impressed with you thinking. You must have grown up under a WONDERFUL, non-public teacher!!! ;)
I love you