Saturday, May 29, 2010

Waiting on the Lord

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I'm hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I'm waiting, I will serve You
While I'm waiting, I will worship
While I'm waiting, I will not faint
I'll be running the race even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy,
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord.
-John Waller

This is my theme song right now. There is so much that I'm waiting on God for. Sometimes I feel stuck in the mire, like I cannot do anything until He pulls me onto the path. I'm tempted to be stagnant like the waters around me. But, I'm learning that even in the mire, I must serve, worship, and fight for His glory. Though I wait, I cannot sit, fruitless. Though I wait, I cannot be idle.

Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. Psalm 25:5

Our soul waits for the LORD; he is our help and shield. Psalm 33:20

But for you, O LORD, do I wait; it is you, O LORD my God, who will answer. Psalm 38:15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jane Ellen. I love that song.

Bee