
What is the significance of the Old Testament? If we look at the Old Testament, we see there [are] all kinds of information in the Old Testament about creation, about people, about history, about human conflict. Wars, migration, slavery, sin, all kinds of things are taking place in this dramatic history.

But the Old Testament is not simply a history book because, above all things, what the Old Testament accomplishes, beloved, is the self-disclosure of God. The chief character in the Old Testament is God, and it is in the pages of the Old Testament, as God reveals his law, as He reveals his promises, as He interacts with his covenant people, in everything that he says, in everything that he does, every event that is recorded in the Old Testament serves in some degree to remove the veil from the face of God and disclose his pure character to us.

So how in the world could a Christian ever come to think that the Old Testament was irrelevant? To be irrelevant would mean that the character of God is irrelevant, and He is the chief character. In a very real sense, the Old Testament is the autobiography of God, God as He relates to the world that he makes and the world that is fallen.
Dust to Glory by R.C. Sproul
2 comments:
Where do you find your artwork? A specific site, or just random? I love all of the pictures you post. :-)
At one point, I surfed through different art sites and formed a list of my favorite artists by saving one or two of his pictures to my computer. When I do a blog post, I go through that list and find a style/subject that I fancy at that moment and choose a work.
For this post, I just did searched for Bible story illustrations!
In Christ,
Jane Ellen
Post a Comment