
(Mother's Darling, Frederick Morgan)
Have you ever thrown a stone into the water and watched the circles about it spread? As a matter of fact, they spread to the very shores of the pond or lake or sea into which you have thrown the stone; more, they affect the land on the further side. But those distant circles become so faint that they are imperceptible, while those nearest the point where you have throw in the stone are clearly marked. So it is with our Love. It is as if, in the first place, our home where the stone was thrown in to move our being; and from that central point the circle of our love widens until it embraces all men.
~ Charlotte Mason ~
As I read Miss Mason's words this morning, I thought of the incalculable impact women have within their homes. Something as simple as a mother's, sister's, daughter's love can melt hearts of ice and stone. After all, a biblical woman can win "without a word" her husband for Christ only by her "respectful and pure conduct" (1 Peter 3:1-2). Just think of the many women who have influenced their families and, consequently, affected the course of redemptive history. How true that statement is -- the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.
And feminists think our job is inferior?!
4 comments:
What an excellent reminder! It's so easy to become self-important in our ego-boosting culture, but at the same time it's easy to forget that what we do and how we treat people can have long-reaching effects on our families and even the world.
Excellent food for thought!
Blessings,
Shannon
I love that quote and the best thing about it is that it is incredibly true! I read that a woman's presence is the center of civilization...and in some ways that is true. Feminists are truly mistaken when they think that women need to push past their emotional power to achieve physical power.
Wonderful thoughts Jane Ellen! You have put into words what I have been thinking about for so long(and no one could have put it more eloquently!)
Love,and God Bless
Katrina
ah....a comforting reminder that I am EXACTLY where God wants me. In my home and w/my family! :)
I love you JE!
Post a Comment