Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thoughts...Random Ones

I thought I'd do one last post before I leave for New Orleans. In case some of my readers haven't heard, I am going to New Orleans for a missions trip with a couple of people from my church. I am really, really excited! Ever since I can remember I have wanted to do mission trips, and now (finally!) I have the chance to participate in one. Please be praying for me and the team that will be there. We will be serving a sister church and also serving the people who are still recovering from the devastating effects of Hurricane Katrina. Pleas pray that we will be effective instruments in the hands of our Lord and that all we do will bring Him glory!

Also, on a totally different note, I was looking at my blog design and realized that I have never mentioned a passion that I have -- a passion for travel. All my life I have wanted to travel places that I have never been. I want to walk with the people there, see important things and, I don't know...I just have always wanted to travel, but, as is probably apparent from many posts I have already written, I LOVE being home and being with my family. So, I am, in a sense, double sided. :) I want to see places I've never seen and be at home in peace.

So anyways, I'm sure I just completely confused many of you all, but perhaps a few understand me (actually, that's kind of a scary thought :)). Please be praying for the New Orleans team, and, for those of ya'll here in northwest Florida, enjoy the cool weather!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do understand you, and I feel the same way!!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

TOTALLY understand you! :) Right there with you. Traveling WITH family is the best of both worlds!

Hope all is well with you. Can't wait to hear about N'awlins!
Love you JE!