Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wishes

I wish I walked everywhere.

I wish people still wore hats and gloves when going out.

I wish no elderly lady had to open her own door.

I wish that we still called each other with titles (everyone).

I wish everyone spoke with European accents or a Southern drawl.

I wish there was no such thing as divorce or abortion.

I wish no children were orphans, but all loved.

I wish there was no such thing as hunger or thirst.

I wish people wouldn’t use foul language.

I wish that elderly people/infants weren’t seen as burdens.


I found these wishes on a piece of paper in my imagination notebook (it's a huge folder stuffed, literally, with things that have come out of my imagination). I wrote them when I was around 13 (I think). Hope that you enjoy them.

6 comments:

ReBenMyers said...

I love it and those are among my wish folder too. I also wish aprons were a staple in all homes. I especially love petticoats and penifores.

Unknown said...

Amen! Although, I must admit, that aprons are a staple in this home! :)

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I have to agree with you on all these. I, too, love aprons. I always think of a story from Grandma's Attic where the mom had on 5 or 6 aprons b/c she never wanted to greet someone in dirty apron. She was so busy that she forgot to take off one before putting on another. Funny thing at the end of the day. This could SO happen to me! :) Love you girl!

Katherine said...

Jane Ellen! I saw this website the other day and immediately thought of you and your family! I e-mailed it to my mom, but I can't remember if she e-mailed it to your mom or not, but here it is....your post reminded me of it:
http://www.athenaeumrectory.com/school.php?PHPSESSID=9018d708fcf7d6c7fb3c4a054533207c
much love,
Kat

Unknown said...

Katherine! Oh my goodness! That is soooo neat! I already have my dresses planned out and am ready to go :) Thanks for sending me that link!

Anonymous said...

I agree to most of those...but not to the hats and gloves one! I do wish that I could dress like an Amish woman though. My friend has an Amish dress, and it looks so cool and comfortable!